|

PLAR Student – Marianna Abutalipova

My OL journey is a long one… and it is not over but it is my life. My to do list is endless but this is something I finally accomplished. If we only knew what we know now, would we do things differently, choose another path? I did my PLAR in with OL this year while returning to career with TRU full-time from mat leave, being a mom to 4 children, and a long life full of all kinds of study experiences, finished and unfinished adventures all around the world. One day me too will graduate with a bachelor’s degree. For now, PLAR has awarded me an amazing opportunity to unfold my life experience in a portfolio. This allowed me to reflect on everything who I am not just academically but in life. It was a challenging process, time consuming, emotionally draining but so rewarding at the end. Looking back, it was like writing a book, a story of my life, a biography, bringing back memories and feelings and a sense of appreciation of the life I got to live. It was like meeting myself for the first time and getting to know who is that person? I am so happy I did it. Thank you OL, thank you PLAR for giving me an opportunity when no other options were available. Time is a gift of life and by implementing the PLAR portfolio this gift is given to those in need, who cannot go back in time, and now they can move forward! Long live the PLAR! One less thing to do on the endless to do list after all 😉

Shared by: Marianna Abutalipova

Reuse License: Rights Status Unknown