|

My Goals Are No Longer Just Dreams

Hi there!

My name is Kaitlyn. I am 34 years old and have been a full-time stay-at-home mom, raising my two amazing stepchildren for the past ten years. In 2020, my husband, the father of my two stepchildren, tragically and unexpectedly passed away. Our kids are now 16 and 18, and in their final years of high school. They plan to leave home when they graduate to attend university and achieve their dreams.

The realization of how quickly time passes and how precious life is has been the catalyst behind the development of my own personal goals and dreams. The TRU Opening Learning program has provided me with the opportunity to achieve these goals and dreams while remaining at home and working around a schedule that works best for me.

I am currently finishing the Business Skills Certificate program, which I will ladder into a Bachelor of Business Administration with the ultimate goal of obtaining a Master of Environmental Economics and Management. I still have a lot to accomplish before I reach my goal, however, without the TRU Open Learning program, my goals would still just be dreams.

Shared by: Kaitlyn

Reuse License: All Rights Reserved (copyrighted)